SIZE • QUALITY • ARTISTRY • FINISH
Thank you for inquiring about our Portrait Pricing Factors. We’re excited you want to know more about our approach to portrait photography and are considering our portrait studio among the many photographers from which you might choose.
Mark Jordan Photography offers over forty (40) portrait sizes ranging from 5×7 inches to nearly 5×7 feet and carries three distinct Portrait Qualities. Whether you’re on a tight budget and looking for something simple or desire the very finest, state-of-the-art in photography, with Gift/Desktop sizes starting at $48, we offer something for just about everyone.
Prices vary on any one size depending on 4 Portrait Pricing Factors: Size, Quality, Artistry, and Finish.
1. SIZE or DIMENSION
WE CARRY OVER 40 SIZES RANGING FROM 5X7 INCHES TO NEARLY 5X7 FEET
• We list portrait SIZE first because it is the most important factor when selecting a portrait. Why? Emotional Impact.
• Our sizes also come in both Standard and Custom dimensions to accommodate any space.
• Should you like to discover more about the quintessential component to selecting your portrait size, we’ve prepared a brief but informative post dedicated to “How to Select Portrait Size.”
COLOR, LONGEVITY & CRAFTSMANSHIP
• Automated -machine printed
• Custom – printed by photo-lab technician
• Signature – handcrafted exclusively by Mark Jordan (100 year archival)
DEGREE OF RETOUCHING
• Plain – Pre-Postproduction Refinements
• Express – Minimal Retouching
• Classic – Moderate Retouching
• Masterpiece – Meticulous Retouching and Color/Contrast/Depth
• Masterpiece is also where clients select their favorite expressions from each person, allowing Mark to masterfully “swap” each face to create the “perfect” portrait. We also offer this service on an “a la carte” basis.
THE LOOK, FEEL, FINISH & DEPTH
• Paper: smooth, glossy or textured with pebble, linen, stipple lacquer
• Metallic: glossy or textured with stipple lacquer
• Canvas: natural Canvas or textured with Hand Brushed Oils
COMPLIMENTARY PORTRAIT CONSULTATION
Because of the personalized nature of our work, the first step is to meet with us and plan the details of your portrait. We provide a complimentary portrait consultation just for this purpose – it’s a time of discovery, discussion, and design. I would love to get together at our residential studio and talk about your upcoming portrait. We can also plan your session by phone if you have time constraints or live out of the area.
Simply CONTACT us, and we’ll reply promptly.
Automated & Custom
The Automated and Custom Portraits qualities are known by any number of names, such as Simple and Standard (respectively). They are the two most common styles of photographic prints, which the vast majority of portraits studios offer. Regardless of what we might label them, they are the optimal choice for those occasions where either a finer portrait quality is not required or for budgetary considerations.
The Automated quality is a “machine” quality print and is best for keepsake needs where having the captured memory is more important than the quality of the photograph. The Custom photograph is typically best suited for children portraits or fun, playful photographs destined for family albums.
Custom print quality is manufactured by a Photo-lab Technician and is typical of most studios top-of-the-line color. The Custom finish is ideal for the vast majority of clients looking for “package printing,” and good color at an attractive price.
Custom printing is also where we derive the reprint pricing for our finest portrait quality, Signature. After your primary Signature photograph has been created and printed (meaning the extensive work has already been completed), reprints from Signature creations are substantially discounted. We accommodate for this by employing the reprint prices from our Customs quality.
Signature Quality is the ultimate in family portraiture – each is rendered solely by the inspired vision of Mark Jordan. From the initial raw digital files and precise color control to the fastidious detail given to composition, cropping, and printing, each aesthetic step is thoroughly considered and painstakingly performed by Mark Jordan.
Underscored by its magnificent, rich color, the Signature Portrait’s lifelike character is deep, rich and warmly stimulating.
Every Signature Portrait utilizes the finest photographic materials and is signed by the artist, Mark Jordan. Signature portraits are guaranteed for a lifetime of enjoyment.
Signature Portraits are offered in two levels of Artistry applications: Classic (moderate retouching) and Masterpiece (meticulous retouching).
In addition, we provide three finish Finish styles from which to choose:
• Parchment (handcrafted paper)
• Metallic (archival metal like surface)
• Canvas (where the color layer is embedded into artist’s canvas).
All three portrait qualities are also offered in two surface styles:
• Natural is the native surface character of the Quality chosen
• Textured pebble, linen, stipple lacquer or hand-brushed oils
Price List Details
Should you like to learn more about pricing and see a full list of our Portrait Prices, the following LINK will take you there:
We are are currently revising the design of our prices lists to make them internet friendly. We anticipate our redesigned prices being ready shortly. However, in the meantime, we’ve posted our printed prices lists for you. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’ll be happy to discuss any aspect of our price lists with you.
As always, should you have questions regarding any aspect of our Portrait Pricing Factors, no concern is too small.
Master Craftsman Photographer
American Society of Photographers
International Photography Hall of Fame & Museum
Orange County Photographer of the Year
3-Time Honoree -EPCOT’S World’s Greatest Photographers Exhibit
When looking for a professional Orange County Family Portraits photographer, or Orange County Headshots Photographer please call 949-888-8071 or complete our online request form.