Preparing For You Senior Photography Session
Thank you for trusting Mark Jordan Photography with your Senior Portraits. Before we meet for your senior portrait session we advise familiarizing yourself with our Basic Senior Portraits Preparation Tips. These essential steps have proven to be greatly beneficial in helping our high school seniors being best prepared for their time with Mark.
Basic Senior Portraits Preparation Tips
THE WEEK BEFORE
- Contemplate and decide on your clothing selections.
- If scheduling a haircut or new style, advise stylist you need to look not so spanking brand new! In short, allow several days for a new haircut/style to settle in.
- A few nights of restful sleep will reap manifold benefits.
- Everyday, drink ample water to restore elasticity and plump your skin cells.
- Confirm you have directions to our studio (or location, such as Wilderness Glen or Aliso Creek), and allot ample time to arrive on time.
- Plan ahead for the day of your session, keeping plans and schedule light.
NOTE: We understand that many senior portraits are scheduled the same week of their senior portraits appointment. Therefore, our “Week Before” Basic Senior Portraits Preparation Tips may be made moot. Regardless, do your best – apply what’s relevant/practical and ignore what’s behind you. Smile – it’s all good.
THE NIGHT BEFORE
- Set aside your clothing selections. If a question arises, bring it! We can decide at your session.
- Pack grooming essentials, such as comb, brush, hair spray, makeup, blowdryer, curling iron, etc.
- Rehearse morning schedule to ensure ample time to prepare, commute and arrive.
- If you’re a person who utilizes a checklist, make one.
- Confirm directions are at hand. Allow for a few minutes more than might need.
- If you or your yearbook have special senior portraits specifications, by all means pack them!
- Set your alarm and get a good night’s rest.
NOTE: Because your daily concerns and emotions will be revealed in your senior portrait, it is vital that your day has been prearranged so that such matters will not be a factor. If not, and the timing of your senior portrait is not imminent, please feel free to reschedule.
THE DAY OF
- Wake with a smile, be grateful, and begin to execute your morning plan.
- Drink more water.
- If not arriving in your clothing, ensure they’re packed in your vehicle (along with your directions).
- Also remember grooming essentials.
- If you or your yearbook have special senior portrait specifications, by all means bring them!
- If you’ve made a checklist, check it.
NOTE: Should you awake not feeling well, or an urgent matter requires your immediate attention, or any concern arrises, please feel free to call and talk with us – you just might need to reschedule. No worries – it happens.
Finally, to learn about Senior Portraits Preparation Tips for Clothing, Hair, Makeup, Jewelry, and more:
As always, should you have questions regarding any aspect of your approaching senior portrait, no concern is too small.
Master Craftsman Photographer
American Society of Photographers
International Photography Hall of Fame & Museum
Orange County Photographer of the Year
3-Time Honoree -EPCOT’S World’s Greatest Photographers Exhibit
When looking for a professional Orange County Family Portraits photographer, or Orange County Headshots Photographer, please call 949-888-8071 or complete our online request form.