Our approach to Senior Portraits is straightforward and natural. We identify needs, explore what’s possible, and then capture only those traits that are a genuine reflection of each senior’s personality. Ultimately, my passion is to create portraits that will stand the test of time, are simple (not contrived), and are meaningful to your senior’s life.
Once you take the first step and contact us, we will do whatever we can to make the creation of your senior’s portrait an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Though we’ve been creating senior portraits for over thirty five years, I get inspired with every senior portrait commission and am thrilled that seniors continue to rely on us for their senior portraits, decade after decade.
To serve you best, personal interaction is essential. Before your senior portrait I want to either meet or discuss by phone the details of your senior portrait. Talking and listening to your initial ideas gives me a clear vision about your needs and the senior portrait you have in mind. It’s a time of discovery, discussion and design. It’s also the foundation of our success.
Every senior has a different idea of what is real to them. For some, it’s a close-up, looking straight into camera, while for others, it’s jumping in the air or bringing their favorite “toy” into the session. Whatever style best expresses your senior, I want to investigate the possibilities and make it a reality. It really is a blast!
Lastly, I also want to cover our design services, the details of our annual Senior Portrait Special, and our exclusive line of portrait finishes. Let’s begin with our Senior Portraits Session Fees and a graphic to represent them:
Two Distinct Approaches For Senior Portraits Session Fees
As you can see, we offer two approaches to Senior Portraits Sessions, Limited and Unlimited. The differences between them are distinct. The Limited Sessions are designed primarily for those with simple needs , while the Unlimited is ideal for Seniors who desire multiply portraits and/or larger sizes. Since our goal is not only to offer you options that are beneficial to your senior’s individual needs, but to create Senior Portraits you’ll cherish for a lifetime, we offer these two session options to meet your needs from the start.
The Limited is the “standard fee-based” approach to creating Senior Portraits where a set number of exposures are established. This option is customary to how portrait studios have always offered their senior sessions. The Limited is befitting for seniors whose portrait needs are simple, where only a few desktop/gift sizes are required.
Within the Limited option, we offer two different sessions:
- Classic – $145 • 60-80 Exposures. • Up to 60 Minutes. • 3 Outfits
- FasTrak – $65 • 20-30 Exposures. • Up to 20 Minutes. • 1 Outfit
The Classic and FasTrak differ in the extent of coverage, with the corresponding fees dependent on the number of Exposures, Time and Outfits (clothing changes). Should you prefer the fee-based Limited approach, simply contact us an let us know your choice:
- Select either the Classic Session or FasTrak, depending on which best meets your needs.
- If you desire to have your portrait created on-location please select a location from the list of sites.
The UnLimited is the NON-FEE approach to Senior Portraits, exclusive to our studio. Both the Session Fee and Location Fee are waived. It’s also by far our most popular Senior Session.
The primary reason portrait studios charge Session and Location fees are to partially compensate themselves for the time and talent to create a portrait. Because the Retainer guarantees our studio a profit, we reward our seniors by not charging any fees. Then, when you are ready to order your portraits, 100% of your Retainer is applied to your purchase. It couldn’t be any simpler, not to mention substantial savings.
- Studio – $300
- Park – $375
- Beach – $450
- Home – $575
- City – $695
As you may have noticed, the Retainer varies depending on the requested location, which corresponds to the degree of difficulty in relation to the multiple design elements we must simplify and harmonize to create your senior portrait.
- Select from the list of possible sites where you wish to have your portrait created (studio, park, beach, home, city).
- Place your Retainer corresponding to the site you’ve selected.
- Includes as many exposures, poses, backgrounds, outfit changes and time needed.
- Retainer is Applied 100% to Portrait Purchase (i.e. the retainer is not a fee)
- The Retainer is paid at the time of reserving a Portrait Appointment and is Nonrefundable, and Valid for Six Months.
- Retainer is Valid for Six Months, at which time Current Rates for Session Fee and Location Fee apply.
Previews (“proofs”) will be ready for viewing ONLINE within two days of your portrait session.
Since there will be too many images that you will like, we suggest forwarding us your tentative favorites so that we can remove the images that did not favor. This process of winnowing your previews will make it easier for you to compare and ultimately choose the image you wish to have made into portraits.
Once you’ve winnowed your selections to your portrait favorites, your next step is to meet with us and place your order. Mark will personally assist you with your selections as you view them on a large monitor at our residential studio. He’ll also show you different finish qualities, sizes and retouching options.
PRIMARY Portraits – is the main and largest portrait a client orders.
• Seniors receive a 20% Discount on any Custom or Signature finish for their Primary Portrait and and a 40% Discount on Reprints.
SECONDARY Portraits – are all the other exposures you have chosen to have portraits made.
• All Secondary portraits receive a 30% Discount on any Custom or Signature finish for the First Photograph, and a 50% Discount on Reprints.
Portrait Deposit • Fees • Retainer
- Session Fee, Location Fee and Retainer are paid when reserving a Portrait, are nonrefundable, and are valid for six months. At which time, currant rates apply.
- A 50% portrait deposit is paid upon placing a portrait order and is nonrefundable.
- Deposits, Fees and Retainer may be paid with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- The remaining balance will be due within thirty (30) days of being notified your portrait order is ready.
As always, should you have questions regarding any aspect of our Senior Portraits Session Fees, no concern is too small.
Master Craftsman Photographer
American Society of Photographers
International Photography Hall of Fame & Museum
Orange County Photographer of the Year
3-Time Honoree -EPCOT’S World’s Greatest Photographers Exhibit
When looking for a professional Orange County Family Portraits photographer, or Orange County Headshots Photographer please call 949-888-8071 or complete our online request form.